kinda OT rocco vs. rabbit

I have noticed that many scirocco owners have or had rabbits or golfs,
since I am still new to the whole 80s vw cars im curious what the
differances are (focusing on roccos and rabbits).
Things I would like to know are: engine (which gets better mileage
(spelling?), are both of the engines and other preformance affecting
parts balanced for the car (ex. The H2 apparently has an extremely small
engine for its weight)),  is the rabbit P/U just a rabbit with a bed or
the rabbit name an a vw S-10,  how common are scirocco parts vs rabbit
parts, any thing else you can think of.
I know my wording may be confusing to the point where I may have to
retype chunks of this but its late and im tired.