Big thanks for help! Update on strut tower repair...

A big thanks goes out to the list for advice on how to deal with this
issue...  I'd like to especially thank Cathy for taking the time to take a
bunch of pics comparing the engine bay areas of a Rabbit and her Mk1
Scirocco.

You guys rock!

After having no luck finding a suitable Mk1 donor in ANY of the wrecking
yards around here I am resorting to 'plan B'...  I will be hacking out a big
chunk of the strut tower/wheelwell area out of a diesel Rabbit and welding
it in my Scirocco.  It looks like the only difference is that the fender
rail sits higher on the Rabbit.  I plan on welding the whole piece in and
then chopping out the 2" or so and rewelding the fender rail at the
appropriate height...  Sound good?

I made a deal with a local VW mechanic friend of mine to help him at his
shop this week in exchange for help/advice and the section of sheetmetal I
need to weld in my car...  This works out great for both of us, as he's
pretty busy, and I don't have enough money to pay someone to do the work.  I
knew taking that MIG welding course earlier this summer would come in handy!

Mark.
80 S
81 S - down but not out...