Big thanks for help! Update on strut tower repair...

At 06:42 PM 8/18/03 -0700, Mark wrote:

>After having no luck finding a suitable Mk1 donor in ANY of the wrecking
>yards around here I am resorting to 'plan B'...  I will be hacking out a big
>chunk of the strut tower/wheelwell area out of a diesel Rabbit and welding
>it in my Scirocco.  It looks like the only difference is that the fender
>rail sits higher on the Rabbit.  I plan on welding the whole piece in and
>then chopping out the 2" or so and rewelding the fender rail at the
>appropriate height...  Sound good?
>
>Mark.
>80 S
>81 S - down but not out...

Same luck I'm having.  Too bad some lister out west didn't have one to part
out
that didn't mind cutting pieces out for us.  I'm looking for the piece
above the
radiator, the upper half of the turn signal bulges and the driver's fender
mounting
strip.

Good luck with that strut tower,

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-with freshly rebuilt transmission for only $190.
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -Rusting all to hell
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed. Under restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe