Welding stuff was Re: 16V turbo installation pics...

Burns carries mild steel? Didn't see it on their website and never thought
to ask.
The mandrel bends I bought were Hooker/Dynomax from Jegs. Really low quality
in that they were pretty crushed at the bends. It took alot of work to make
a smooth transition from pipe to pipe at the joints. The aluminum or
stainless u-bends from Burns are almost perfect.

I think the welds are structurally OK. I didn't take the time to sand since
it was already alot of work and the nephew was getting pretty antsy to get
his car back and have some boost. I'm sure I could have done a better job if
I had sanded.

The TIG welder is awesome cause you can weld just about anything, but
expensive at ~$1800 and you have to run 50 amp service for it.
Stainless is really cool to weld since it has like no thermal conductivity
so you get this really small little weld seam. The downside is you have to
run a backside purge, so you're dumping argon through the torch and into the
pipe. You can go through $100 of argon in a day! The whole process is just
damn expensive.
Dan