To the 17 year old

Could you just take it off the road and store it? Have you tried other insurance companies? That price is insane! When I got ins for the first time, I had my license for literally a day. I think it cost me about $2000 or so a year, maybe a little more, for the bare minimum coverage. Even when I had my Firebird and a couple of tickets, I think it was about $2400. Now, with 4yrs of being licensed, plus the same amount of car insurance and my stock 81 rocc, I pay just a tad over $1000 a year. Most of my tickets have gone away though, so that helps. Try going to an insurance company, they can sometimes hook you up with small, unknown companies who are willing to insure you for less. However, if you want more than bare minimum coverage, expect to pay a lot.

Dan

Nick Last Name <guntherpb4u@hotmail.com> wrote:
I am currently 17 years old and I own an Flash metallic silver 88 and my
insurance (when its under my name) is more per year than the car is actually
worth ($3600). I've since decided to sell my scirocco and hope I can find
one as perfect as the one i have when im say 25. Say, now that im talkin,
does anyone want it. I can email specs to anyone that wants them.
Basically its in beautiful shape, has a rebuilt head, and loads of new
parts. I'm in Atlanta. let me know.

Nick Grivas