Car stutters right after starting...

16V: Immediately after starting, my car spits and sputters like it's gonna die for a few seconds, then it's fine.  Anyone ever have this?  The oil light sometimes flickers, but I wonder if that's from me using a generic oil filter without the drainback valve though.
Could it be injector seals - it only lasts a few seconds so I don't think they can "seal" themselves that quick.
How about the ISV, does this cause such a problem?
Thanks!