New to sciroccos

Welcome Jacob! At your age, I'd be phoning the insurance companies and
comparing the rates for a start, does anyone know if an 8V is less to insure
than a 16V for example? I got mine from a 17 year old who couldn't afford
the insurance, and you want to make sure you have a bit of a reserve cash
for maintenance, they are all at least 15 years old now and will need a bit
of work. As for the limited mechanical skills, you'll learn fast on this
list, this group loves to help folks out. I went to being unable to remove
the seats to doing most of my own maintenance in a few years. Watch for the
rust, it is the enemy at this point.(especially where key things like the
suspension mount in under the car) Most of the mechanical stuff can be
fixed, terminal rust is another story. ( I can scan some scary rust pictures
of the trouble spots for you if you like)
The other thing to watch for is the addiction, these are fantastic cars,
once you've had one, you'll never want to be without one.
cathy
1987 Scirocco 16V (the silver headache)
1980 Scirocco (the rusty parts car)
1979 Scirocco ( Klaus, the new baby)
1999 New Beetle TDI (to drive in winter)