Car stutters right after starting...

> 16V: Immediately after starting, my car spits and sputters
> like it's gonna die for a few seconds, then it's fine.
> Anyone ever have this?  The oil light sometimes flickers,
> but I wonder if that's from me using a generic oil filter
> without the drainback valve though. Could it be injector
> seals - it only lasts a few seconds so I don't think they
> can "seal" themselves that quick. How about the ISV, does
> this cause such a problem? Thanks!

  i'm having a similar problem with my 8v. tracked it down
to the fuel pump check valve. isn't keeping enough pressure
in the pipe with i go to start it up. enough to start, but
not enough to run smooth. usually clears out after a little
slight revving. as for the o.p. switch, it's may be a
function of the engine not firing properly (fast enough) to
generate the required pressure at start up. good luck.