Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:24:33 -0500 (CDT)
From: Chris M Cougill <cscmc1@eiu.edu>
Subject: 16V Exhaust: flex pipe?
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org

Hi folks,

	I have a leak near the flex pipe on my '88 16V.  I
just got this
car and am tidying it up, and it runs great except for
the noise of the
exhaust.  The Bentley manual is disappointingly vague
on the exhaust,
so
I hope someone here might have been through this
already.
	I can feel exhaust air around the flex pipe (not up
higher where
the exhaust gasket sits secures between 2 flanges with
6 bolts).  Is
the
flex pipe easy to replace?  Is it reasonable to assume
it's gone bad if
feel exhaust air around it?  Any recommendations on
sources for this
part?

	Thanks!

	Chris