Assemble MegaSquirt

I just heard that the latest rave here is the megasquirt.... so I
decided to jump back on the list :-). I've done my own rabbit (pretty
much first vw to run Ms), helped assemble one for a scirocco, and
another one is on the way for another scirocco. BTW: these are all turbo
cars. I've put down 199.43whp with my rabbit on a 1.8L counterflow
motor. While using the second channel on the box to control an extra
water injector (scott w. where are ya?). BTW: Be very aware that stock
ignition will most likely give you problems. There's too much
interference with the stock ignition. So what i did and to all the other
installs I've helped with is install an MSD 6 series ignition. That was
my main problem when I first got it running. Most of the problem was
fixed with the diode. Hence. (wing diode) on the install faq. But it
didn't completely get rid of it. Msd got rid of everything. Cars run
fine and smooth with this combo.

If you are doing turbo, I highly recommend the wideband or use a dyno.
Be aware though, the wideband can be a bit off, if you don't calibrate
it correctly. I was off as much as 2 points. Where the wideband was
reading 11:1, dyno charts read 13:1

As I'm leaving the world of vws for now. I'm always available if you
have questions for me.

Wing Gee