Assemble MegaSquirt

 Just thought I'd chime in with some anecdotal evidence here...

Last time I helped tune an engine (Honda F4, 14:1 cr, crazy build) with a Haltech F9-A fuel comp. and MSD MC-4digital ignition, we tuned it for prolly about 8 hours or so by just driving it and adjusting things.  That's from first start to running well.  We then put the car on a dyno and fine tuned it.  The dyno time was free, so the guys were thorough.  The gain after the dyno tuning was 1hp.  There was a little tuning done after that, but nothing significant.  My point is that I'm not convinced that either a dyno or wideband O2 is needed to do this stuff.  --now they surely wouldn't hurt, but don't walk away from the idea for either of those reasons.

If you are looking for standalone ignition, all I can really tell you is that I really liked the MSD MC-4 digital stuff.  Super easy to work with.

Wish it had some utilities to help control idle speed, but I'm not aware of one that does.

<total snip>

didn't include the original because it has all been re-copied about ten times now.

Brian

!!!!FAST, FREE AND HOT!!!!
for the best free email site on the web
http://www.aemail4u.com