A lot of work went into this....

I've been goofing off with a fairly hefty Sun server in my spare bedroom for quite some time now....just recently I got very serious with it and spent the last 3 days and nights putting this up.  You'd be surprised how much work goes into getting Forums working....but I think I have something kickass here...hopefully it will become a more technical, less "bull" alternative to Vortex for those into the A1 chassis like we are.....check it out, sign up if you like and lets start some content!  Be aware, this is not your typical crap forum board, its full blown featured...give my DSL line some slack, best I can do is 256k upload, I will hopefully get more bandwidth in the future.

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

I need to update the front page, as its worthless right now....I'd love it if any of you would like to send me some pics (nothing huge) and I'll put you up as our featured new member on the front page.

This is not ment to get rid of the list or anything, merely augment it and give us an alternative to the horrid Vortex....I'd like to keep this to die hards, so posting this up on Vortex is not advisable...however, I will try and keep an eye out for punks with nothing more to do then start crap.  I could use a few people to be moderators for the different forums as well....

I am open to suggestions for different forum sections you would like to see as well.

Thanks for the time, and remeber, lets keep this to true fans of Vintage Watercooled VWs! (IE, mk3s and mk4s will NOT be discussed there)

Eric
VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg