GRM post part III

Glad you all had a good time in Gainesville! I'm sorry
that I had to be running another event in Orlando
(literally...I was one of the people in charge). :(

If you & Brian need any help at next year's event,
send me an email as much in advance as you can. I'll
make sure my schedule is clear, and I can be your pit
crew or whatever else you need. If you can find some
wheels that are at least 13x7 or so and ditch the
10.1" brakes (you don't need 'em anyway), I'll hang on
to a set of autocross tires for the car. That will
help your situation immensely! I sent Brian an email
offering some tires a few months ago, but never heard
any response.

We (Central FL SCCA) do run autocrosses ourselves in
Gainesville, and it is a great site.

BTW, the focus of autocross should NEVER be to confuse
the driver in a sea of cones or cause "cone
blindness". That's even in the rule book! However,
some tighter courses still end up that way, whether
intended or not. At national-level events, courses are
more similar to what you experienced, but many local
clubs cannot get sites big enough to create that kind
of course. Gainesville doesn't have that problem, as
you found out. :)

Neal
Tampa, FL