[Re: 16v model year differences]

"Kevin S" <optimus234@hotmail.com> wrote:
Where in Canada was this? I am from BC my intake is on the opposite side,=
 =

but its an 85 Scirocco with a 2.0l swap out of a Jetta.

>>- the mad bastard mentioned about a year and a half ago that he had see=
>   an 89 canadian 16v that had the intake on the wrong side and it was
>   supposedly factory

I've also seen this car, either it was a very good replica of a genuine 1=
6V,
badges and all, or it was from the factory that way. Everything was stock=

looking but all on the wrong side, fluid reservoirs and so on. There woul=
d be
no good reason to reverse it on an existing 16V if the engine died, since=

you'd have the manifold and so on, and the rest fo the car was 16V, not 8=
V,
body kit and so on. I'll look see if I took a photo of the engine, but it=
 was
raining, so likely not. I chatted with the (female) owner quite a while.

>What about seats - were the grey pinstripe and black leather the only on=
es
>available? Did 16vs in canada ever get heated seats or were they availab=
le
>on 8vs only?

Mine (Canuck car) has the split rear, not sure that's typical in the US c=
ars,
but it's the typical black pleather - pinstripe combo. And of course we d=
idn't
get Flash Silver, the "silver" is Arctic Blue Metallic. (aka K-car turquo=
ise)
And the other three 16V colours (red/black/white) are the same.

Cathy, "the Arctic Blue Metallic headache" (87 16V)