[Re: Changing Headlight Switch in Dash]

Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

Remove the two phillips head screws in the bezel around the instrument
cluster(they're at the top).  Pull the bezel out and you will have easy a=
ccess
to the wires behind the headlight switch.  Carefully disconnect the switc=
from the harness, and push it out from behind.  Pretty easy.  HTH,
-Rob

 Donald Walter <dwalter2@wi.rr.com> wrote:Looking for how you get the
headlight switch with the dimmer dial out of the
dash without breaking anything. I have an 86 16V scirocco.

Donald Walter

Mine just popped right out with a wee bit of convincing, (I didn't touch =
any
screws) - two little spring clips top and bottom are all that hold it in.=
 BTW,
one from a Cabbie fits in quite nicely if you're looking for a replacemen=
t and
can't find a Rocco.
Cathy 1987 2L 16V Scirocco "the silver headache", with the "ragtop bunny =

headlight switch mod", good for at least 5 hp