From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 2:29 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: TT short shift kit question

I have completely lost a part of my shift linkage, I have the TT kit.
The part
is that round ball that comes off an arm (lever?) on the relay shaft
(that's
what the Bentley calls it). The ball fits into a metal gate in the
linkage, I
reached in and wondered what should be on the threaded rod there, so
"felt up"
a stranger's Rocco at the track to confirm what was supposed to be
there. It's
pretty close to the downpipe. Currently shift action is  a bit on the
sloppy
side (hah hah, actually, "lucky it shifts" is closer to the truth). On
the
plus side, it also explains a really, really annoying rattle that seemed
to be
deeply embedded in the dash. I'll be delighted to see that noise leave.

So what I'd like to know, can I get this part from the dealer, or does
it have
to be the TT version?

Thanks, Cathy