1/4 mile times

Well, here's the news from our trip to the track (Sparta) with the new
clutch/flywheel. It's pretty well the same as we've done other times
elsewhere, but this track has always been at least .5 seconds slow (it's =
more
like a  back road really) and there was a significant headwind and high
humidity.

Rocco, Denny driving.
Dialed at 15.3, last run at 15.29 @ 90mph. Best 60' was 2.003 (all runs @=

71-73 mph), and 1/8s were all around 9.7s give or take. Best RT was .503.=
 Two
other Roccos, also 2Ls, were around the same (all of us on slicks, all of=
 us
"nearly stock", the bullshit abounds in the staging lanes, hehe) Needless=
say, he dialed too high. This was with a big chunk of the shift linkage
absent.  I think he clinched first in points in his class too for this se=
ason
(NCRA Super class). So we were happy. (unlike every other race this year =
with
the slipping clutch, he's had some pathetic dial times)

TDI Bug, me driving.
Too much sitting around and generally not paying attention for me, so I
redlighted. No excuse, I just couldn't stay focused. Best of the day was =
19
flat @ a blistering 70 mph, which is better than anything this year, and =
lots
slower than last. Since the pump timing is perfect now, I think the chip =
has
to go back in. And I think I need a second rocco.
 =

And I ran into another lister there, which was cool. Adrian, get that car=
 on
the track next time!

Cathy, slowest "power adder" in the north.