From: Justin Tomlinson [mailto:unklebob@fatchicksinpartyhats.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 6:15 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: My New Car! (long)

Well, if you remember, I posted asking about buying either an 82 Scirocco or
an 88 Jetta GLI, well, I bought the Scirocco as it was 1000$ less.  Here are
some pictures of it.
Also some questions:
My speedometer doesn't work accurately, as well as I think the gas gauge
doesn't work accurately. I filled it up with gas, and have driven 150miles
and it's already down to a quarter tank. The RPM gauge works fine, so I was
wondering, am I just getting poor mileage or is the gauge innacurate? On a
related note, I think the oil temp. gauge may be inaccurate as it seems to
always run around 140deg cel. , but doesn't seem to be overheating.
Also, once after driving from Tampa to Orlando last week, making a right
hand turn I was surprised as very cold water spilled all over my foot on the
gas pedal. Is this from condensation from the air conditioning or what?
Just trying to figure everything out.

Now the pictures:
http://ryanmichael.cjb.net:8080/jgt/scirocco1.jpg
http://ryanmichael.cjb.net:8080/jgt/scirocco2.jpg