TT short shift kit question

--=======2BF7A40=======

At 05:29 PM 9/30/02 -0400, Cathy Boyko wrote:

>I have completely lost a part of my shift linkage, I have the TT kit. The part
>is that round ball that comes off an arm (lever?) on the relay shaft (that's
>what the Bentley calls it). The ball fits into a metal gate in the linkage, I
>reached in and wondered what should be on the threaded rod there, so "felt up"
>a stranger's Rocco at the track to confirm what was supposed to be there. It's
>pretty close to the downpipe. Currently shift action is  a bit on the sloppy
>side (hah hah, actually, "lucky it shifts" is closer to the truth). On the
>plus side, it also explains a really, really annoying rattle that seemed to be
>deeply embedded in the dash. I'll be delighted to see that noise leave.
>
>So what I'd like to know, can I get this part from the dealer, or does it have
>to be the TT version?
>
>Thanks, Cathy

It is a dealer part as you've found out.  But....I bought one at the dealer
a while back,
because I couldn't wait to order one online/Potterman, and it was $40
something!  I've
seem them listed online and ebay for MUCH less.  So if you aren't in a
hurry.....

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe