idle actuator

> It looks like someone bypassed the valve by unplugging it
> (the electrical connection) and plugging the line.  Clean
> it up, find the electrical connector and see what happens.

well, did that, and after 2 minutes of driving I had to
hurry up and don't care about any STOP signs since the roc idled
at 2000 RPM !!! :(

>  You'll have to adjust the "idle" screw on the back of the
> throttle body if you get the ISV to work.  There is a
> procedure in the Bentley manual.  You need to measure the
> duty cycle (or dwell) of the ISV and adjust the idle screw
> accordingly.
> HTH
> John
 Since I'm no mechanic and I don't have that manual (btw : maybe someone
offers to send me here in Romania a good Scirocco manual, I will
send the money back, we don't use credit cards around this part of the
world so I can't buy anything off the net) I never tryed the second part.
I am asking you if the idle RPM is 2000 is it worth trying to apply the
second part of the procedure ? Or that piece is dead ?
 Thanks a lot,
 Luci

p.s.
 I will take a mechanic course a.s.a.p., even if it means to quit my
current job, that's how much I love my car :)