a moment for my poor Rocco

Hi guys, I know this is long but if you have a moment, please give this a
glance.

I write to you today with bad news. My mint 1982 alpine white Scirocco was
stolen this week.  It was parked right outside my building on the street,
and disappeared on the morning of Tuesday, September 17th.

It only had 120Kms on the clock, had not a spec of rust, and showed off an
immaculate original paint job. It had euro bumpers, a 16V kit, leather
inside, and Ronal 18 spoke 15s.  I've been the proud owner for a few years
now, I bought it used at the VW dealership where it was originally purchased
in 1982. If someone has somewhere I could upload a picture I would sincerely
appreciate it.

My girlfriend and I took the day off Tuesday to console each other about the
loss. We quickly realized how much this car meant to the both of us. It
truly was a loved member of our family. Cherish your scirocco's guys, there
is something special they put into the metal of these cars.  Heart and
character, along with a distinct personality, grace every Scirocco on the
street.  If you love them, they love you back.

So now we wait. Will we ever see it again? probably not.  It had an alarm
with a 2 point starter kill. Someone quite skilled chose it among many other
easier-to-steal cars on the block, so I doubt it was taken for
transportation.  It's my opinion that it was scoped out, watched, and taken
for parts.  We know that it can never be replaced. Where am I expected to
find an 82 alpine white Rocco with no rust and low miles?  Not to mention
insurance will only give us the book value plus receipts.  I probably have
$3000 worth of receipts, but still you don't see them every day.

My point is, if your white Persian cat dies, and you buy another white
Persian cat, it's no replacement. You'll never own the same cat again.  Same
goes for Scirocco's.  Every one of them seems to have a distinct personality
that is undeniable to any of us.  No matter the motor, the color, the
options, the mods, the mileage, the condition, no matter what, love and
cherish your Scirocco because there is no other in the world that is the
exact same.  Love it like your child and protect it at all costs.

In light of this event, if anybody is anywhere near North Vancouver, BC,
call me at 604-986-1171 and I will install an alarm or immobilizer into your
Scirocco for free, and sell it to you at cost ($60 - up).

Thank you for your thoughts

Vince