Ok.. need some advice...

Is the tranny shot?  Don't let the mileage fool you.  Mine
has 243,000 miles on it (steady diet of Redline) and shows
no signs of pending failure.

Why would you need to replace the whole shifter mechanism?
 A bushing kit is usually all that is needed.

maybe you should get a second opinion...

John
87 16v

"Robert Luhrs" <rob.luhrs@sitescape.com>