steering wheel play

Hmm.  I removed my Scirocco steering wheel for the first
time in its life and never removed any sort of a plastic
spacer.  I didn't notice one or have reason to remove any
additional parts when I removed the wheel.  I'm assuming
mine is still there.  I've had my steering wheel off
several times (instrument clusters, dash replacement and
finally steering wheel replacement).  I do not have any
additional play as the result of switching to a Corrado
steering wheel and OEM spacer.  I've had two different
Corrado steering wheels on the car as well.  I originally
put on a NA wheel and now have a Euro wheel.  I will check
ETKA when I get home to see if Corrados use a spring or a
spacer on the steering column.

John
Long Beach