steering wheel play

Not exactly true... The original steering column has a plastic spacer
sleeve that slips on and is sandwiched between the wheel and the bearing in
the steering column. If you install the get the adapter to install the
Corrado wheel you also should get, or have, a spring... That is, the
plastic sleeve goes away and you put, in it's place, a spring between the
steering column bearing and the adapter.

I did not originally install the spring myself because I did not know about
it and I too noticed a bit of play in the wheel. After a few visit to the
local junk yards I noticed that many Jetta's and Golf's that had this
adapter had a spring under them... I bought one and installed it, problem
solved.

-Raffi