steering wheel play

could it be that during the install the bottom end needle steeering wheel
bearing slipped out (common on roccos) and would create a loose movement on
a rocco, check under your dash, along the spline of the steering wheel, to
see if you have a flat type bearing just hanging loose at the edn of the
steering "tube" I have has this happen to me before, you just need to push
it back in, and use a tie wrap to ensure it does not come out again.

   /  |/_ __/ ___/ Patrick Bureau
  //| | / / \__ \  1985 8v Prowler Orange "Beatrice"
 / _  |/ / ___/ /  1985 8v Titian Red "Lucky"
/_/ |_/_/ /____/   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco