crash

I am the proud owner of an alpine white 1987 16v scirocco (118k) which
was recently crashed. I bought it new and took good care of it. The
crash (my car broadsided another at approx. 35-40mph) resulted in front
end damage to my roco, both frame rails bent. Sofar the professional
opinions are that it isn't economically repairable. (still no insurance
appraisal) The accident was 100% the other guy's fault. (indicated that
way in the police report).

I forsee a tough time with the other insurance company. My question to
the list is what is the going rate for an '87 16v in excellent
condition? I did a search on emunds.com and came up with $2,000, but
that seems a bit low. Anyone been through this process recently?

TIA,

Brad