crash

My insurance recently paid out just over $2000 for nothing but wheels,
suspension parts (bent a control arm!), and a windshield due to a nasty
encounter with some negligent road construction work. They (thankfully)
didn't total the car, so I have to believe they thought the car was worth
significantly more than that. The car has 170,000 miles on it, but is in
pretty damn good shape, so I think that helped a lot. Even the adjuster
agreed that the car has been well cared for. I'm sure it also helped that
the car was surrounded by BMWs, Porsches, Mercedes, and the odd Lotus and
Ferrari at the mechanic's shop. I managed to find an old-skool VW junkie who
owns a high-end repair shop. He ain't cheap, but he does good work.

All you have to do is find a way to document what you think your car is
worth. If you can show proof that other cars in similar condition to yours
are going for $XXXX, they should pay for it.

Good luck!

Neal