My Scirocco is missing a locknut to hold the throtle cable together where can I get one?

WHen I changed by throttle cable I noticed that I had
one locknut instead of the two that the Bentley
showed.  Is there a temporary solution to this so that
the cable does not slide out?  Can I make my own using
various parts.  Anyone have one they want to spare and
send me in an envolope?  I am thinking the reason why
my Scirocco before wasn't going on fuel throttle b/c
of this b/c the cable was sliding out, but the cable
was bad anyways as it always slide off the bushing and
the wrapping was peeling out.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco