Downgrading the engine

I must admit, it is a bit unusual, but it was necessary to take the  1.7l
engine from my project Scirocco  and put it in my everyday driver, an 83
Rabbit Gti  (I will be rebuilding the 1.8 as a winter project). I took the
entire 1.7 except the fuel control unit. The Gti had of course, an O2
sensor, frequency valve on the fuel distributor, both of which are absent on
the 1.7l. Question is, will disconnecting the O2 sensor, full throttle
switch  and maybe the frequency valve, adversely affect the engine
management system.? Will the ignition control unit be affected, and is there
anything I can do to make this engine work effectively on the Gti. How about
pulling any electrical components associated with the emission controls? Oh
by the way, I am keeping the catalytic converter.

Bill
82 Scirocco (Project)
83 Gti