Suspension HELP AGAIN

This is from a post a week or so ago......

I believe the new inserts will come with a new screw-on end cap.  Place the
old strut assembly in a vise, cut the old collar (screw-on end cap) with a
dremmel cutting disk (you'll notice when you get through the threads of the
collar, dont go too deep or you'll cut through the strut assembly), sqiurt
some penetrating oil in there and using a cold chisel and hammer unscrew the
collar from the strut assembly. Propane will help also just be carefull not
to ignite the penetrating oil too much...

this method will remove the most stubborn collars...  you may need to cut a
coulpe of release cuts in the old collar...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but you should pour some hydraulic oil
in the strut assembly prior to inserting the replacement strut, how much? ,
I don't know but enough so that when the new strut goes in the oil spills
out, why you ask? to inhibit corrosion inside there and aid in heat transfer
from the insert (the insert will release heat upon operation, and the
surrounding oil will dissipate the heat quicker)

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v
93 320i