Suspension HELP AGAIN

> HOW can I get these caps off.  They seem to be rusted on solid.

big arse table vice and a pipe wrench. liquid wrench or pb blaster on the
threads could help as well.

> Also, I have heard you should put oil down inside the hosing before
> installing the new carts.  What type?  Just plain engine oil?

anything ya got. the carts on the rieger have mobil 1 synthetic in em (heheh).

> Finally, my Bentley does not seem to have a torque setting for the nut on
> the top of the strut that the bearing is held on with.  Is it important to
> torque it down to a specific value?

i usually just crank on em. be sure you clean the threads out before putting
everything together. you dont want 90% of that torque going to the rust/crap in
there.

hth
Al