Turbo question, theoretical

I thought of running the airbox to turbo then to intercooler then to the
tb, but then the metering plate does not really work so good.  I had
problems with leaning out under boost.

so I went the other way around.

Cone air filter to turbo inlet, to intercooler to the airbox (no filter but
sealed) through meter to the tb.

You are correct in the breather.  DO NOT run the crank case breather though
the air box any longer.  Disconnect it and run it somewhere else.  A simple
small k&n filter for the breather will work :)

So far I have not had any problems with a well fiber glassed air box.  I am
switching it though.  Got one of those metal plates from a cis turbo Volvo
to replace the plastic air box with.

By going this route I have never run lean under boost so far....

Cory

At 06:24 PM 10/27/2002 -0400, Dan Bubb wrote:

> [...]
Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage