WRX vs. 1.8t

> So, is that clearer, or just gobbledygook?

Yes, clearer. But yet, gobbledygook! Hehe.

The difference between measuring MAP vs. MAF has
always confused me, so that is definitely where the
problem lies.

I don't quite understand why a given absolute pressure
value in the manifold doesn't directly relate to
density of the fluid. In my mind, density should be a
simple factor of pressure. If it did, it would make
MAP vs. MAF irrelavant, which you say isn't the case.
But I'll admit that I need to learn more here...and my
physics book has been collecting dust on the top shelf
at home for years. :)

Neal