WRX vs. 1.8t

Let me see if I can explain a little better.
If you have a mechanical wastegate or the ECU controls the wastegate for
a set value of manifold pressure then the maximum pressure in the
manifold will always be the same. Let's assume 15 psi. Then at sea level
manifold absolute (as oppossed to "gauge") pressure will be 30 psi (just
assume ambient is 15 psi for this example). i.e. manifold pressure +
ambient pressure. Now if you go to Colorado Springs the ambient is 12
psi. An NA car will have 80% (12/15) of sea level power. Our boosted car
will have 90% [(12+15)/30] of sea level power.
My 98 Audi 1.8T doesn't even have a manifold pressure sensor. All it
does is measure MAF and adjust the wastegate to acquire a set MAF value
at WOT. So, on a humid day where air density is down it will run higher
manifold pressure for the same MAF. Same thing at altitude. If ambient
pressure drops then  MAF will drop if the manifold pressure is at a
fixed boost level, but the Audi is only looking at MAF and adjusts
manifold pressure up to, again, reach the desired MAF value. So, if the
Suby ECU controls MAP and the Audi/VW ECU controls MAF then the Suby
will be at 90% in the above high altitude example and the Audi/VW will
be at 100% minus some amount associated with lower turbo efficiency at
higher pressure ratios.
I don't know whether the Suby ECU controls MAF or MAP, so this is all
conjecture. Also, athough my 98 Audi doesn't have a MAP sensor, later
Audi/VW's do. I still think they control MAF and not MAP, but I could be
wrong.
So, is that clearer, or just gobbledygook?
Dan