More E test headaches ( wording carefully chosen)...

What's my car's name again? =

Well, here was today's plan of attack:
4:30, Etest the TDI NewBug, sometime before 5:00pm, get renewal stickers =
and
register my ROCC IT  vanity plates with the MOT.

Reality: Pay another $37.05 (plus applicable taxes) to have a 17 year old=

"Drive Clean Technician" watch my exhaust at idle for a minute, check for=
gas cap and fill out the paperwork. Yep, preserving the environment never=
 gets
better than that. No sensor, no dyno, no running car test. It passed. (we=
ll,
hey, I paid)

So off to the license bureau, and I tell them cars #2 (bug) and #4 are to=
 be
renewed right now, and put the vanity plate on #4 (the only silver one). =
Oh,
and here are copies of the passed E tests for both vehicles. Easy. I got =
there
2 minutes before closing and the clerk was REAL NICE...

So I see her crossing off car #1 (Jetta) for renewal, and tell her, no, t=
hat
one will get done later, and she asks where is the Etest for #4 (the only=

silver one). I explain I just gave it to her. She assures me that no, I g=
ave
her the Etest for #1.

She's right, the idiot doing the E test called up my records at CTC and d=
idn't
bother to scroll through the entries far enough to see there are really T=
WO 87
VWs, and put the VIN in for the Jetta, but did the rest of the paperwork =
for
the Rocco. So now I have this hybrid Etest, a gas test for a diesel VIN. =
explain what happened (and remember she wants to get home) so she sends m=
back to Canadian Tire. I try a "level two rant" (on the "Waterfest Rant
Scale", which goes as high as a ten, reserved for times of extreme hunger=
)
Then I leave in a very "pleasant" mood.

Off to CTC, for about a "level 8 rant" (it drew a very good crowd I might=

add), so guess what? I GET TO DO THE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN E-TEST ALL OVER
AGAIN!!!!! They can't just switch the VINs, that would somehow be more wr=
ong
than failing to read the number on the dash plate (three times) to begin =
with.

That will make three tests this week alone. =

Oh, but they'll do it for free.(maybe I'll get another sticker :)) So, I'=
sending the kid in to renew the Jetta while it's VIN still has a valid Et=
est
on the ministry computers...

I'm laughing, because this could only happen the the Scirocco, what a
headache, it's got this magnetic attraction for incompetant idiots. I sti=
ll
can't believe it, three tests, and nobody looked at the car's real VIN. I=

noticed it was wrong on the bill, but was told not to worry, it'll be put=
 into
the computer correctly. As if.

So I'm still polluting as far as the province knows.

Cathy, spewing exhaust so clean I can't even kill myself (0.00 %CO)...and=

clearly owning too many old Dubs
1987 2L 16V Scirocco with a diesel Jetta VIN and the same old plates
"The silver headache" strikes again