George Dubya RX

> Without traction, 2WD cars can spin tires all day long to release energy
> and
> bleed off power. It is a "relief valve" of sorts. AWD cars simply don't
> have
> that ability (unless you're making 500hp+, in which case you've got a
> whole
> new set of problems!). When you do a 7000RPM clutch drop in an AWD car,
> the
> energy has no where to go. Parts start flying. You think the R32 will be
> different? Don't count on it. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of
> irresponsible people driving WRXs.

I think that of all the manufacturers to go high hp in an AWD car it would
be a VW or Subaru successfully.  VW/Audi have been doing AWD for decades
along with Subaru so I would think that the quality would be the same if not
tilting toward VW slightly since their systems seem to be a little tougher
over the years.  Never heard of an AWD or Synchro system going bad in an
Audi or Vanagon.

Dave