George Dubya RX

  The auto trannies DSMs maybe. The manual trannie ones, they have
problems. I hear of plenty of people breaking them, the center diff, and
other parts, before they break half shafts. While a lot of people that
break them are making loads of power, there are quite a few that have
broken them at moderate levels. I havent broken mine yet, and its somewhere
near the 400hp mark, but I'm sure its all on borrowed time, and I have a
new beefed up tranny waiting to go in. The Subaru people say the DSM
trannies are crap, the DSM people say the same about the Subaru trannies.
They all seem to be a little weak, especially when you start going for big hp.

  While my eclipse has been under the knife, I pulled out my scirocco 16V
and have been driving it, I forgot how much fun that car is :)

Brad