rieger scca autox vids

Shawn,
    sweet, thanks for the critique man. alot of that stuff i *know* i should be
doing, its just getting myself to actually *do* it when im behind the wheel. i
also got a bit frustrated on that tiny course. i know i did alot better on the
course at cincy (~50 sec course, hit 65 on back straight), but i didnt hit a
single cone on any of those 4 runs (again, i left too much room). btw, results
from that are here:
http://cincyautox.org/solo2002/060902.htm (i was actually 7th/32)
    i was getting used to smooth turn-ins over the following months, but then i
went and rebuilt the entire front suspension the night before the autox (i know,
im a dummie), so i was a bit more out of touch with the car than usual. i also
somehow got it in my head that i should start braking *really* late. probably
cause im used to winding 2nd out a bunch more than i was.
    as a side note, the asphalt we were driving on sucked. it was kinda
pseudo-asphalt, kinda like what you would find on a highway (high pebble
content). everyone that was fwd was pushing big time, and the rwd guys had to be
really light on the throttle coming out of turns (guy in a z3 spun coming out of
the same turn you were talking about). having lots of tread on lots of tread
blocks (285/40) in the rear made things even worse on that lot, and i was
pushing big time, and that was with nearly slick avs intermediates up front (i
ended up with most grip at about 28 psi). it was weird, as the guys with slick
autox rubber were actually getting worse times than the guys with some tread
left.

in a more direct response:
> I think WaterFest98 was bigger!
well, i think dodging ducks in my driveway was bigger as well, but thats a
different story...

> Autox tires work like "turn NOW AYE"!
so... with my driving style, sounds like i need a set of autox tires then, eh?
(i will be getting a good set of victoracers or hoosiers, but they will be for
the twin).

> Also try not to wind in the wheel too much...
yeah, i agree on that one. at least i could tell when i was doing it. it tended
to be more of an overshoot kinda thing (made worse by the previously mentioned
late turn ins). what didnt help was that in the end i had the worst treadwear
combo for that type of lot. i think i would have done better if i swapped the
wheels f/r beforehand (would have looked damn funny, but would have got the job
done).

> Dude, come on out to SD anytime and ill show you a real autox course where you
can use 3rd gear even!
it sure is far to that other coast, man. i am considering the trip next year,
depending on just how reliable the twin turns out to be.

> You running in SM?
yup

again, thx for info man
Al