rieger scca autox vids

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:57:59 -0400 "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>
writes:
> finally got around to posting em
> http://www.subbob.net/~allyn/scirocco/MOV03441.MPG
> http://www.subbob.net/~allyn/scirocco/MOV03451.MPG
> http://www.subbob.net/~allyn/scirocco/MOV03453.MPG
>
> side note: i'm moving my domain over to a server soon, so i hope to
> fire up a
> decent web site and actually have some html between all of my
> pics/movies, not
> to mention being hosted on a real server (i.e. not cable).

Damn, thats a tiny course. I think WaterFest98 was bigger!
Some things I noted....

You turn in to suddently. Your not giving the tires time to adjust from
driving straight to a lateral load. Your are essentially shocking the
tires. "Oh, you want to turn, ok". Thats how street tires work.  Autox
tires work like "turn NOW AYE"!

Also try not to wind in the wheel too much. Listen to the tires, they
talk a little and thats all you got with turning grip. Winding in more
steering more oftten than not wont increase the amount of turning grip.
the screaming of the tires and added wear of the tires is all you get.
You didnt do this too bad, just seemed that you were a couple degrees on
the wheel more than you should. It did sound like you have a set of
squealie tires on a smooth squeal prone circuit. So maybe im reading it
wrong.

Use the WHOLE course. You leave a good foot to the outside if the first
left hander on the 3rd video. (Start, turn left, long right hander to a
left then straight.) You could of had a little more exit speed there, it
all adds up.

Dude, come on out to SD anytime and ill show you a real autox course
where you can use 3rd gear even! We just ran our event in our "tiny" lot
and the aveage time was a mid to high 65 second course. :)
The only downside is we get 300+ entrants and only 3 runs.

You running in SM?

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS- #30  2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com