warm up procedures

As of 3:19 AM it is snowing in lovely Schenectady, NY. Even though this
might just be somebody upstairs checking out the machine, I still find
it a prudent time to ask this question.

I have an 87 8v with 23xxxx miles on it. Picked it up in June, and its
been living happily under prime New England conditions.

What, if any winterizing procedures do you guys recommend? Any
particular parts/fluids that I should have in the car? How about warmup
times? good tricks for making a rocc happy in the cold? Any input is
welcome, as this little puppy needs to make it to next summer on a
pretty tight budget and $10 now that's gonna save me $150 two months
down the line when something goes *boom* would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Lyman
87 8v -its modified! see the duct tape? that's custom...