warm up procedures

--- "Lyman M. Terni" <ternil@union.edu> wrote:

> What, if any winterizing procedures do you guys
> recommend? Any
> particular parts/fluids that I should have in the car?

Basically what Hitman said, though I only drop down to 10w
40.  Also, lube your doorhandles / mechanisms with
something like WD-40.

> How about warmup
> times?

My procedure:
-Get in, start car, set heat controls to defrost.
-Get out, scrape ice & snow off of all windows.
-Get in, drive away, be *very* easy on the go pedal for the
first several miles.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams