warm up procedures

> > How about warmup
> > times?
>
>My procedure:
>-Get in, start car, set heat controls to defrost.
>-Get out, scrape ice & snow off of all windows.
>-Get in, drive away, be *very* easy on the go pedal for the
>first several miles.

I live up in the northern half of SK, Canada (read: -20F to -30F) for the
better part of winter, and use the exact same warm up procedure Daun
does.  By the time I get in the car the engine oil is warming up nicely and
thermostat has already opened.  The only thing I would add is to make your
shifting very gentle.  Keep the revs low when shifting and try to "put" it
into each gear as opposed to just "throwing" it through the gears. Your old
tranny will thank you dearly. Good luck in your first winter.

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 2L 8v