Torque plates?

 --- Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Neal,
>     if you are having your block bored at all, get the torque plate
> and have it
> done right. some might say its a neglegable difference, but ask
> yourself just
> how much $$ you've put into it so far. is it really worth cutting
> that kind of
> corner?

>From what I've learned so far in my short automotive machining career,
boring with torque plates is unnecessary - and with many boring
machines could cause bore misalignment.  You should use torque plates
when you hone the cylinders, after boring.  Normally you'd leave around
.003" to hone - more than enough material to "straigten" to compensate
for any distortion that the torqued head would contribute...

Mark.
80 S
81 S