So, what's up with Buffalo dyno days?

At 03:18 PM 10/21/2002, Josh Able wrote:
>LOL, ya I've played with a set up that gave me numbers like that once,
>pretty wild!
>
>the only weak link is that it doesn't take into consideration that the HP is
>significantly lower than that below 4000 rpms.

Yeah -- you played with those *other* programs. :)
I played with the one *I* wrote -- that uses your actual dyno numbers from
idle to redline.

As a nice comparison, I plugged in my middle dyno run (which should be
about stock output) in with the gear ratios, aerodynamic stuff, and weight
of the GTI VR6 that Car & Driver tested... and was within 0.2s and 1mph on
all of the acceleration measurements, including top-gear acceleration and
top-speed.

It's not one of them "fun to play with" programs that guess a whole torque
curve based on the peak value -- it uses your actual torque curve.  In your
case, I do not know your gear ratios, so I used the VR6 transmission's
ratios...  But make no mistake -- this is not a little toy's guess, this is
what will happen in the real world.  (The 0-60 is a "street start" by the
way, not a dump-clutch.)

The program sounds interesting, huh?  Too bad none of you bought it when I
offered it to support .org!! :(
         http://www.scirocco16v.org/vdc2001/

Jason