New HU = Dead Battery

Umm, you must have missed the jist of the posts - the hot lead I'm
referring to is the one coming from the back of the ignition switch.  You
can pick up this circuit at the fuse panel, however it's still the same
circuit as what's at the ignition switch.

I refer to it as the seatbelt warning circuit because that's what the
purpose of the cirucit is - it serves to inform the warning relay that
there's a key in the ignition - that plus the presence of the door being
open, or a body being in the driver's seat without the belt done up, to
light the light and sound the buzzer.

I was not suggesting at any time that it should be accessed at any place
other than the iginition switch.

You make a valid point about fusing, although I have yet to see a head
unit that didn't have a fuse on both acc and battery leads.

Drew

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Vince Royer wrote:

> >If you want accessory, the seatbelt warning circuit is the one, and no
> >amount of probing with a test light under the dash will discover another
> >one.
>
> Not true. Obviously the signal comes from the ignition cylinder - which
> would be a much better place to get it, as somebody else mentioned.  Fusing
> the connection from is better, and as you say if you're going to draw a
> significant amount of current, a relay would be very appropriate.

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel