Digital Clock - 12hr vs 24hr?

I tried the two buttom combination on my 84, but it
did not change modes, it only reseted the clock back
to 0:00 and I would have to adjust it again.  I have
my cluster out for about nearly a month.  I might
check out the clock.  My 87 Quantum displays in 12hr
mode.  As I posted on Vortex, something wrong happened
when my dad installed my radio for me as my cigratte
lighter doesn't work(For the CD player/Air pump) and
the radio only works if you have it turned and pushed,
but turns off when started.  The Clock does the same
thing as the radio as it would turn on, but shut off
when the key is taken out.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco