MK1 interior swaps? Info needed

Well it looks like I am on a quest for a MK1 again.  Going to look over 4
this weekend.  I know one has a great body.  Straight, no rust at all,
original faded paint to boot :) But the interior is toast.  Totaled seats,
dash , etc.

So I remember having to swap the bottom half of the seats in my old '77
when I had to replace them.  Is this still true with the later MK1's?
(78-80 say)

Has anyone swapped in other seats to a mk1?  MK2 rocco seats?  Corrado
seats?

Just need to know what my options are when I look at the condition vs price.

Also, any chance anyone knows of a good mk1 dash?  I know I can still order
carpet sets (I hope I can) but the dash seems to be the last piece that can
not be replaced.

Any help on this will be appreciated..

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project