From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Re:Physics trivia, for Allyn etc.]

thescirocco <thescirocco@juno.com> wrote:
---------- Cathy Boyko
 <losinit@usa.net> writes:

From: Cathy Boyko
 <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Physics trivia, for Allyn etc.
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:18:10 -0400

Well, I'm busy looking up some acceleration problems to keep my physics class
entertained, and I stumble upon this:
>From "Fundamentals of Physics : An Introductory Course",the version we just
retired, copyrighted 1987 (a very good year I might add, but I digress...)

Anyway, in the margin, after some tidbit about Don Garlits' dragster's stats,
there was this:

"The highest road tested acceleration reported for a road car is from 0 km/hr
to 96 km/hr (0-60) in 4.1s, an average acceleration of 6.5m/s^2. (Now the
drumroll please) This was achieved in 1983 by a double engined Volkswagen
Scirocco prototype."

I just thought that was cool (even if it is no doubt outdated) Seems I can't
escape these cars even at work. As if I'd want to anyway.
Cathy

Cathy,

That's cool as hell!

Thanks for sharing it with the list.

Just thought you'd all like it, I do contribute a bit more than fluff once in
a while...Cathy