1.8T swap: was: Engines- Vroom vroom

First off 150 HP from a 1.8T is not the same as 150 from an 8V or 16V.
If you put the torque curves on top of each other you will see the area
under the curve is significantly greater for the 1.8T. Plus, getting 200
Hp out of the 1.8T is a $400 chip and trivial to do. Matching this power
out of a 2.0 16V can be done, but that isn't cheap either. It's either
ITB with standalone engine management ($2500) + cams + P&P etc. or turbo
When you consider ultimate power potential there's no contest!
I think if you decide your HP goal and it's only 150 then this can be
obtained easier than swapping the 1.8T.
If your HP goal is much higher then the cost of the 1.8T swap becomes
more reasonable in light of the cost of upgrades to other possible
swaps.
Dan