A quick word on deer whistles

Where I'm from I live in mortal terror of hitting a
deer while driving at night. You see their dead bodies
along side the road almost on a daily basis. I've had
several close encounters with deer in my 16V. I always
knew of those cone shaped whistles that are supposed
to scare off animals. For aesthetic reasons, I've
never used them. They just don't seem to go with
Sciroccos. Anyways, I got a pair for my new truck.
They don't look so bad on the truck, and they also
don't seem to work. Right after I put those things on
two deer jump out right in front of me. I hit the ABS,
swerved and got off with a soft, damage free thump.
Moments later, another critter of unknown genus
scampers across the road with glowing eyes. I missed
him too. I paid a buck and a half for those whistles...

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
1987 16V Scirocco